What are Cookies?
We use several categories of cookies and each performs different functions. You can learn more about cookies and their functions generally by visiting an information website like allaboutcookies.org.
What Categories of Cookies may be used?
The cookies that may be used on this website fall into the four categories described below. These descriptions can help you determine if and how you would like to interact with our websites and other online services.
Strictly Necessary Cookies
- These cookies are essential in order to enable you to navigate this website and use certain features. Without these strictly necessary cookies, the online services you have asked for, like shopping baskets or producing your bill at checkout, cannot be provided.
- We (or service providers operating on our behalf) may place our performance cookies on your device. The information collected using our performance cookies is used by us or for our benefit, to improve our website experience or for other statistics gathering purposes.
- Our performance cookies are used to generate aggregated, anonymous information about how you and other users use this website and its features. For instance, our performance cookies collect information about which pages on this website you visit most often, if you open or read the communications we send, which advertisements you view or interact with on this website or other websites on which our advertisements appear, and if you receive any error messages. The information collected may be used to improve users’ online experience generally, to collate statistics, or customise your online experience by showing you content we think you will like. Our performance cookies don’t collect information that identifies you personally; however, if you have a registration account with us, the information collected by us using our performance cookies may be associated with your registration account.
- You can delete or manage performance cookies as instructed in the last section of this Cookies Policy.
- We (or service providers operating on our behalf) may place our functionality cookies on your device. We do not share information collected using our functionality cookies with our advertisers or other third parties.
- Our functionality cookies are used to remember choices you make (such as language preference, country location, or other online settings) and provide the personalised or enhanced features that you select. Our functionality cookies can be used to provide online services to you, or to prevent online services from being offered to you if you previously indicated you did not want to receive such services. Our functionality cookies collect anonymous information; however, if you have a registration account with us, the information collected by us using our functionality cookies may be associated with your registration account, for example, if you are a registered user, our functionality cookies may allow us to track your browsing across different websites or to detect your experiences when accessing our websites from different devices. We do not collect information on your browsing behaviour on websites which we do not operate.
- In some cases, we may allow an advertiser or other third party to provide you with content and other online experiences on this website or online service. In these cases, the third-party may place their functionality cookies on your device and use their functionality cookies in the same way we use our functionality cookies, to provide you personalised or enhanced features in connection with the third-party content or experience.
- If you delete these functionality cookies, any preferences or settings you selected will not be retained for later visits.
Targeting or Advertising Cookies
- Where you see this icon on third-party advertising or our advertising, you can click through to learn more about behaviourally targeted advertising, including how to exercise your control options through your browser settings. More information can be found at www.youronlinechoices.eu .
Third-Party Targeted Advertising
- Third-party targeted advertising cookies may be placed on your device by third-party advertisers, ad networks, data exchanges, marketing analytics and other service providers.
- Third-party targeted advertising cookies collect information about your browsing activity across multiple websites and online services in order to provide you with relevant advertisements on our websites and online services and the websites and online services of third parties. Ad networks may share this information with the advertisers using their network. These cookies may also be used to measure the effectiveness of advertising campaigns, for example by collecting data on how many people click on a particular advert. The information collected using these third-party advertising cookies does not identify you personally.
- Third-party targeted advertising cookies are often linked to site functionality provided by the third-party which may mean that clicking on the advertisement redirects you to that third-party’s website.
- Whilst we cannot always know what third-party advertising cookies are being dropped before they appear on our website, we maintain processes to monitor cookies placed on our websites by external service providers and to control the way in which data is collected via our websites. We can also request that certain third-party advertising cookies are turned off by the third-party provider.
Our Targeted Advertising
- Our targeted advertising cookies are placed on your device by us (or service providers operating on our behalf).
- We may use these cookies on our websites and in connection with our content and advertisements that appear on third-party websites and online services to recognise that you’ve viewed or interacted with our content or advertisements and so we can show you advertisements for products that we believe will be of interest to you. We may also use these cookies to limit the number of times you see the same advertisement. Our targeted advertising cookies collect anonymous information; however, if you have a registration account with us, the information collected by us using our targeted advertising cookies may be associated with your registration account, for example, we may seek to show more closely targeted adverts to you based on your browsing behaviour.
- The organisation setting the cookie (either the third party or us) is responsible for obtaining consent.
- You may opt out at any time from receiving targeted communications from us by logging into your registration account and selecting not to receive marketing communications. To opt out of targeted advertising based on your online behaviour across this and other websites please follow the instructions provided above (for targeted advertising).
- We will not share your contact information with our third-party advertisers unless you give us permission.
Disabling/Enabling Cookies via Your Browser
- There are a number of ways for you to manage cookies and other tracking technologies. Through your browser settings, you can accept or decline cookies or set your browser to prompt you before accepting a cookie from the websites you visit. You should be aware that you may not be able to use all our interactive features if you set your browser to disable cookies entirely.
- If you use different computers in different locations you will need to ensure that each browser is adjusted to suit your preferences.
- You can delete any cookies that have been installed in the cookie folder of your browser. The various browsers provide different procedures to manage your settings. Click on any of the browser links below for instructions.
- If you are not using any of the above-listed browsers, then you should select “cookies” in the “Help” function for information on where to find your cookie folder.
- It may not be possible for you to selectively opt out of all third-party advertising cookies placed on our website. You should also be aware that disabling cookies does not disable other types of analytics products which we may use to collect generic information about how you and other visitors use our website.